RSCC has an ongoing leadership position producing custom cables requiring superior performance in harsh environments for mining, pulp and paper, airport ground control, and other industrial applications. Our Rock-Tuff® products are designed to meet critical industry specifications such as ICEA S-73-532 and UL 1277. Rock-Flex® cables are MSHA approved, RoHS compliant, pass the IEEE 1202/FT4 flame test, and meet performance standards like CSA C22.2 No. 239 Type CIC.
Rock-Tuff® industrial cables provide durable, high quality solutions that function in a variety of applications and conditions. Each Rock-Tuff® product is engineered to have excellent mechanical properties that are well suited to the demands of your operation. These cables are designed to operate at a high standard for as long as you require them to.
Instrumentation, Control, and Power Cables - For use in trays, ducts, conduits, or in direct burial applications.
- Heavy duty, neoprene jackets protect against water exposure, oil, sunlight, inclement weather, and flame
- Easy to strip for fast installation
- Fulfills a variety of power and lighting functions
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) cables are available for use in applications utilizing high speed AC drives
ZH and ZHF cables - High performance, zero halogen industrial cables. These low smoke zero halogen designs focus on safety while maintaining industry-demanding standards. Designs available for high flex applications.
- Flame retardant, low smoke zero halogen crosslinked polyolefin (XLPO) insulation
- Resistant to long term water exposure
- Tin-coated copper conductors improve terminations and corrosion resistance
- Tough thermoset construction for use in difficult applications
- Reduced size and weight due to proprietary compounds
Rock-Flex® services a range of industrial applications requiring highly flexible cables. The superior design features of Rock-Flex® cables allow them to perform in rigorous operations without sacrificing on quality or durability. Rock-Flex® provides dependable high flex solutions that can withstand an array of potential hazards.
Control, Power, and Variable Frequency Drive Cables (VFD) - For use in applications requiring flexibility, high-grade mechanical properties, and longevity. VFD cables combat system performance issues and signal disruption in AC motors and drives.
- Power cable available for locomotive and diesel applications
- Engineered to have a prolonged flex life
- Insulation and jacketing provide resistance to harsh environments
- VFD cables handle high power levels of pulse-width modulated signals and high voltage spikes
COP Cables - Low smoke zero halogen cables designed for power applications in central offices, outside plants, remote terminals, customer premises, building entrance terminals, cell towers, and data centers.
- For use in 600/1000V AC or DC applications
- Designed for conduit, duct, raceway, aerial, or direct burial installation
- Mechanical properties include abrasion, notch propagation, cut through, and heat deformation
- Flame retardant and resistant to water and corrosion damage
Rock-Barrier® combines power with low-voltage communication and control cables in a single pathway providing considerable cost savings, reducing both labor and materials needed for installation. The cable is designed with patented SIMTRA® ferrite-barrier technology, providing protection from electrical transients, interference, or other disturbances emanating from power cables.
Rock-Barrier® low smoke zero halogen (LSZH) insulation and jacket compounds are ideal for power, data, and communication applications for electrical low voltage communication systems. As well as control, industrial, and building automation. This cable is also designed for specialty OEM applications requiring noise immunity and converged technologies.
- Radiation cross-linked for outstanding physical properties
- Resistant to low and high temperatures
- Resistant to sunlight and flame
- EMI and RFI protection eliminating the need for traditional shielding of circuits
- Improved overall system performance compared to traditional cabling technology