RSCC provides an extensive range of high performing cables that deliver in the most demanding applications found in the transit infrastructure environment. With industry recognized brands like VITALink®, Firewall®, and HUB-Link®, RSCC offers products that support circuits in tunnels, stations, ventilation systems, and other critical applications to keep passengers safe and transit systems functioning.
VITALink® MC Transit Power Cable – For use in applications requiring electrical and fire resistive cables in emergency communications, lighting, and ventilation systems.
- Compliant with the UL 2196 standard for fire-resistance up to 2 hours
- Impact and crush resistant for hazardous locations
- MC cables provide lower cost and easier installation compared with other fire rated circuits
- Low smoke zero halogen and low toxicity design
VITALink® 300 Power Cable – For use in emergency applications that require durable high performing cables for emergency lighting, communications, and ventilation systems.
- Designed to exceed NFPA 130 requirements for fire resistive cables
- Low smoke zero halogen inner and outer layers
- Resistant to moisture, sunlight, gasoline, and oil
- Fire resistive for 1 hour at 480V
Firewall® Signal Cable – For use in applications in transit systems and tunnels that perform signaling and train control functions.
- NFPA 130 compliant Aerial AREMA design available
- Low smoke zero halogen jacketing
- Resistant to heat, oil, chemicals, moisture, and abrasion
- Reduced diameter and weight for easy installation
Firewall® Power & Lighting Cable – For use in demanding applications that require low voltage power and lighting functions. These cables may be installed in trays, ducts, and conduits.
- Low smoke zero halogen design
- Insulation specially formulated for excellent long-term water resistance
- RHW-2 and RW90 designs compliant with UL and CSA requirements available as options that provide increased mechanical toughness
- Reduced size and weight for increased raceway capacity
Firewall® Low Smoke Zero Halogen Armored and Type TC Power Cables – For use in rugged transit system applications where cables are exposed to moisture and other potentially hazardous elements. These cables are designed to perform a variety of functions including control and related functions.
- Type TC power cable provides enhanced resistance to fire and moisture
- May be installed in wet & dry locations, indoors & outdoors, in metal trays, conduits, ducts, or in direct burial applications
- LSZH Armored power cable is flexible and has impenetrable armor that prevents water, gas, and corrosive elements from getting into the electrical core
- Armored power cable is ideal for applications where resistance to mechanical and physical abuse is required
Firewall® Low Smoke Zero Halogen Type TC Control Cable – For use in control and other related functions in a variety of wet and dry locations often found in transit systems.
- Provides greater resistance to fire and moisture
- Tin-coated copper conductors provide improved terminations and corrosion resistance
- Thermoset insulation provides enhanced thermal stability
- Available as 600V and 2,000V options
Firewall® Low Smoke Zero Halogen Instrumentation Cable – For use in control related functions in transit systems. These cables have excellent mechanical properties that allow them to be installed in an array of wet and dry locations.
- Quality mechanical components allow for long term water resistance and enhanced flame retardancy
- Type TC instrumentation cable available
- Instrumentation cable options available include multi-conductor unshielded, multi-shielded pairs without overall shield, and multi-conductor shielded
- Multi-conductor shielded cable is designed for use on circuits that require shielding from external electrostatic interference
HUB-Link® Communications Cables - For use in emergency telephones & public address systems, PoE and POS applications, backbone systems, loudspeakers, camera power circuits, video and data transfer, electronic signage, and fare collection systems.
- Sunlight Resistant
- Rodent, petrochemical, and moisture resistant
- For use in wet locations
- NFPA 130 & 502 compliant
HUB-Link® signal cables - For use in transit control rooms & operational control centers, wayside, tower, case, and trackside signal equipment.
- Cable assembly: single conductor, multiconductor, or pairs
- Shield available upon request
- LSZH Polyolefin jacket
- NEMA HP100.2, high temperature instrument and control cable insulated and jacket with ETFE fluoropolymers
HUB-Link® case wire cables - For use in bungalow electronics equipment, trackside applications, and relay & signal apparatus wiring.
- Crosslinked polyolefin insulation
- Crosslinked modified fluoropolymer jacket
- Temperature rating 125°C, Low temperature rating -55°C
- AREMA MP 10.03.15 recommended design criteria for insulated signal wire/case wire